Tuesday, February 06, 2007

 
Disciple: Day 16

This week we’re supposed to try to put ourselves in the shoes of the characters in the stories. It’s pretty difficult. I don’t know why, since I read a lot and usually don’t have a problem immersing myself in a narrative, but I just can’t seem to do it with Bible stories. Maybe it has something to do with being raised to think of the Bible as a “how-to” manual rather than as a narrative? It’s very difficult to break free from that early training.

Anyway, I spent a good hour today trying to find my Major British Writers’ binder so I could go over my notes on Paradise Lost. No luck. I guess this means I’ll have to read it again to (hopefully) jog my memory about the discussions we had in tutorials (or was it during the lecture?) about the nature of Adam and Eve’s sins and the paradox of freedom through submission to God… I zoned out a lot in that class (it certainly didn’t help that it was a night class) but the lectures/tutorials on that particular text were fascinating…

The good thing that came from my fruitless efforts to find the binder was that I found my “missing” graphic novels. I somehow managed to misplace almost all of my Deathnote graphic novels, as well as some other books. While I was searching the guestroom closet for my binder, I found my graphic novels! My mom put them in a shelf that was mostly obscured by clothing, which is why I didn’t find them earlier, when I was looking for them in the closet.

But I digress.

I don’t really have much of a point today. Unfortunately, I just kind of went through the reading more for the sake of doing it than anything else. ^^;; I need to try to get back into the habit of doing these readings/devos wholeheartedly, because otherwise it’s pointless.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com