Monday, January 29, 2007

 

Disciple: Day 7 (recap)

Every Day 7 is a day of “rest, reflection, prayer and praise.” For our small group, it works out perfectly because Day 7 is also Sunday, and the day we meet for small group. We had a good time of discussion and prayer at Rebecca’s place, followed by dinner at St. Louis. =)

The thing that most stuck with me from our discussions (I took copious notes, so hopefully I will be able to recall most of it) was what Ben said about why he wanted to participate in Disciple and to study the Bible: “to have faith grounded in scripture versus logic and experience.” That expresses perfectly my feelings as well!

Disciple: Day 8

This week, we have a hymn as well as a Bible passage assigned for each day’s reading. Today we read Genesis 1:1-2:3 and “Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee.”

As straightforward as it seems, I’m having a hard time really reflecting on these “passages.” I mean, I can guess that I should probably be reminded of how awesome God is because he created such an intricate and functionally beautiful world. But I’m not really feeling it.

Even with “Joyful, Joyful” echoing in my head (thanks Rebecca, for the YouTube link), I’m not really connecting with the passage…

Maybe I need to start doing this in the morning so I can reflect on the passage throughout day and then write about it later on…


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com