Friday, January 26, 2007

 

Disciple: Day 5

Today’s passages were tough simply because I’m already familiar with them: Philemon 5 and Luke 15.

For today’s experiment in different Bible translations, I read Philemon first in the NIV and then in the NIRV (New International Reader’s Version). As for Luke, I read it in the Worldwide English (New Testament) version.

Both are very simple translations that avoid a lot of the Christian jargon. They also both sounded very weird to me, which is probably a bad thing. I mean, it’s kind of scary how naturally my thoughts and words slip into Christian jargon when it comes to talking about the Bible, God, and anything church related. I wonder what I sound like to other people, people outside of the Chinese-Christian church circle?

Anyway, that’s about it from me today!


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com