Wednesday, January 24, 2007

 

Disciple: Day 3

I had a hard time focusing on the readings today. Perhaps it is because I’m already familiar with the stories?

At any rate, I tried three different versions today (thank you, BibleGateway.com!): The Message for 1 Kings 19, The New Living Translation for 1 Chronicles 22, and Today’s New International Version for Acts 9.

To be honest, other than one phrase that struck me as particularly odd-sounding in The Message—“‘I've been working my heart out for the God-of-the-Angel-Armies,’ said Elijah” (verse 10a)—I didn’t really notice any huge differences.

Yes, the message used more contemporary language and less difficult sentence structures, but the story, of course, was basically the same.

I guess I could read each passage in multiple versions, but I was feeling too lazy today to do so.
*sigh*

I guess I’m just not really in the right place mentally today. I stayed up late last night, and was marking exams (the marking for one of my three classes is done!) all day today, so my brain is pretty fried.

Anyway, I’ll keep thinking about the passages and hopefully something more thoughtful/meaningful will occur to me.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com