Monday, April 25, 2005
Magic Number
(Same as my Xanga post!)
Well, I was feeling very stressed out about my Czech exam (on Wednesday) pretty much all day since I realized that it's only two days away, and I haven't started studying yet. It's funny because I knew that if I didn't start studying on the weekend I'd only have two days to study (since I went to work today), but it didn't feel scary until today. (That's why I was able to play/relax all weekend.)
Anyway, I started feeling really panicky after work while I was working on the translations from an old exam that I was supposed to prepare for our class study session (with the prof--she's so nice!) at 5pm and I realized that I couldn't remember ANY of the words. I'd look at the English and translate it into Japanese instead of Czech. I haven't even studied Japanese all year and I still think of it before I think of the Czech!!!
Then I went to the study session and talking with my classmates I discovered that all of them had already started studying! A couple of them had even already finished memorizing the different cases for everything (nouns, adjectives, pronouns), and that's one of the hardest things about Czech, along with the huge amount of vocabulary that we never actually learned in class but have to know for the exam. ^^;;
So yes, the beginning of a "panic attack" (not literally) was coming on. But then I got my mark update and discovered that the magic number is...60. That's all I have to get (percentage-wise) on my exam in order to get 80 for my final mark. I still need to study, of course, but that is definitely doable.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU GOD!!!
Today I've just felt so incredibly blessed by God, academically speaking. I got my Chaucer paper and term test back, and I'm pretty sure that I shouldn't get anything lower than a 75 for my final mark, and I'm actually thinking it should end up closer to a 78. I also got back my final paper and term test for Native North American literature, and, depending on my participation mark, I believe my final mark should be somewhere between 90 and 92. ^_^
I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I'm thinking I may actually be able to maintain Dean's list. *knock on wood*
So yeah, I feel like it's just been a shower of blessings for me today.
(Oh, and my co-workers got a cake for me and another co-worker who had a birthday recently, so that was nice. Funny thing, it was also chocolate and strawberry--but not ice cream.)
(Same as my Xanga post!)
Well, I was feeling very stressed out about my Czech exam (on Wednesday) pretty much all day since I realized that it's only two days away, and I haven't started studying yet. It's funny because I knew that if I didn't start studying on the weekend I'd only have two days to study (since I went to work today), but it didn't feel scary until today. (That's why I was able to play/relax all weekend.)
Anyway, I started feeling really panicky after work while I was working on the translations from an old exam that I was supposed to prepare for our class study session (with the prof--she's so nice!) at 5pm and I realized that I couldn't remember ANY of the words. I'd look at the English and translate it into Japanese instead of Czech. I haven't even studied Japanese all year and I still think of it before I think of the Czech!!!
Then I went to the study session and talking with my classmates I discovered that all of them had already started studying! A couple of them had even already finished memorizing the different cases for everything (nouns, adjectives, pronouns), and that's one of the hardest things about Czech, along with the huge amount of vocabulary that we never actually learned in class but have to know for the exam. ^^;;
So yes, the beginning of a "panic attack" (not literally) was coming on. But then I got my mark update and discovered that the magic number is...60. That's all I have to get (percentage-wise) on my exam in order to get 80 for my final mark. I still need to study, of course, but that is definitely doable.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU GOD!!!
Today I've just felt so incredibly blessed by God, academically speaking. I got my Chaucer paper and term test back, and I'm pretty sure that I shouldn't get anything lower than a 75 for my final mark, and I'm actually thinking it should end up closer to a 78. I also got back my final paper and term test for Native North American literature, and, depending on my participation mark, I believe my final mark should be somewhere between 90 and 92. ^_^
I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I'm thinking I may actually be able to maintain Dean's list. *knock on wood*
So yeah, I feel like it's just been a shower of blessings for me today.
(Oh, and my co-workers got a cake for me and another co-worker who had a birthday recently, so that was nice. Funny thing, it was also chocolate and strawberry--but not ice cream.)