Saturday, March 05, 2005
Coasting
I've got to confess, I've been coasting since the last update (which is also partially why this post is late). ^^;; God has been speaking to me, I think, but I haven't wanted to really reflect on what he was saying, or to write about it.
One of the things I've really wanted to talk about is love--specifically loving others--because of some comments and discussions that have come up in the past little while. But I know that's going to be a heck of a long post, so I've put it off. (I'm still putitng it off, actually, since I'm not going to write about it here.)
Actually I guess I was coasting a bit even before the last post. For our last (or next to last?) MCBCSL update, Alan sent out a compiliation of our past updates so that everyone could read over their own stuff. He actually asked me about it specifically, and when I said I hadn't read it yet, told me I should. A pattern he said he noticed was that I was talking about listening to God before (or something? memory going...) but then I went off into talking about not doing devos...
Anyway, I still haven't read my old accountability emails, mostly because I don't feel like reflecting quite yet. But I do have a comment about the devos. The tone that I got from Alan (I could be misinterpreting) was that the missing devos thing was a bit of a cop-out, a way of avoiding more serious thought, but to me devos is something important, especially in relation to listening to God, finding his will. It's not just something I feel like I should be doing "because", it's something I want to do because I need to carve out a space and time to listen to God in order to hear him and find out his will. I know that God can speak through anything and everything, but historically I've found that it's been easier for me to get that communication from him when I make that time for devos. I'm too easily distracted otherwise.
So yes, devos have been off and on. I've been really tired lately, so I've tended to fall asleep while reading, and thereby missing my devo time. Yeah, I know I should just do morning devos, but I'm very lazy....
I've got to confess, I've been coasting since the last update (which is also partially why this post is late). ^^;; God has been speaking to me, I think, but I haven't wanted to really reflect on what he was saying, or to write about it.
One of the things I've really wanted to talk about is love--specifically loving others--because of some comments and discussions that have come up in the past little while. But I know that's going to be a heck of a long post, so I've put it off. (I'm still putitng it off, actually, since I'm not going to write about it here.)
Actually I guess I was coasting a bit even before the last post. For our last (or next to last?) MCBCSL update, Alan sent out a compiliation of our past updates so that everyone could read over their own stuff. He actually asked me about it specifically, and when I said I hadn't read it yet, told me I should. A pattern he said he noticed was that I was talking about listening to God before (or something? memory going...) but then I went off into talking about not doing devos...
Anyway, I still haven't read my old accountability emails, mostly because I don't feel like reflecting quite yet. But I do have a comment about the devos. The tone that I got from Alan (I could be misinterpreting) was that the missing devos thing was a bit of a cop-out, a way of avoiding more serious thought, but to me devos is something important, especially in relation to listening to God, finding his will. It's not just something I feel like I should be doing "because", it's something I want to do because I need to carve out a space and time to listen to God in order to hear him and find out his will. I know that God can speak through anything and everything, but historically I've found that it's been easier for me to get that communication from him when I make that time for devos. I'm too easily distracted otherwise.
So yes, devos have been off and on. I've been really tired lately, so I've tended to fall asleep while reading, and thereby missing my devo time. Yeah, I know I should just do morning devos, but I'm very lazy....