Thursday, December 30, 2004

 
Renewal

I had a good talk with Jen and Syv today--a much needed talk. It gave me a lot of things to think about, but I guess the most significant thing, in terms of this blog, that came out of our time together was that I decided to renew my commitment to this blog.

Certainly it's something I've tried to get back into every once in a while, but this time I really want to commit to updating this blog regularly. Now, in order to make this commitment, I'm going to have to make one major change from my original goals: I can't update this daily--at least not at this point of time in my life.

Maybe for some twisted reason I thought it was better to not write at all than to admit that I couldn't do this daily and to simply change my time commitment, but if that's the case, my thinking's changed now. I want to develop my discipline, to have accountability and transparency through this blog, but I know I can't handle daily updates. So for the next month I will commit to posting twice a week, leaving no more than three days between each post (this will prevent me from cheaping out and writing only on, say, Fridays and Sundays after doing church stuff).

So that's my commitment.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com