Thursday, June 24, 2004
Quick One
Sorry, this is just going to be a quick one, since I need to sleep!
When my small group first started meeting up, we studied grace, and the main scripture passage was Psalm 23. Well, recently I've really experienced the first three verses: "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul."
Now I rarely get enough sleep, but lately I've actually been feeling the effects of my bad sleeping habits. This week especially I've been completely exhausted most days. Plus there've been some things going on which have upset me emotionally (I'm more emotional when I'm tired).
The main thing that's kept me sane is my daily trips to the BCE place, ground level. I don't know what it is about that place, but when I walk in and look up at the arched ceilings with all that sunlight streaming through the glass, and when I sit at the fountain beside the Marchés, all of a sudden the ragged edges of stress and worry of the day are, if not completely eliminated, very much smoothed out. This feeling of peace and calm simply comes to me when I'm in that place.
For now, I don't think I could've gotten a better, or more needed blessing from God than my time in the BCE place.
Sorry, this is just going to be a quick one, since I need to sleep!
When my small group first started meeting up, we studied grace, and the main scripture passage was Psalm 23. Well, recently I've really experienced the first three verses: "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul."
Now I rarely get enough sleep, but lately I've actually been feeling the effects of my bad sleeping habits. This week especially I've been completely exhausted most days. Plus there've been some things going on which have upset me emotionally (I'm more emotional when I'm tired).
The main thing that's kept me sane is my daily trips to the BCE place, ground level. I don't know what it is about that place, but when I walk in and look up at the arched ceilings with all that sunlight streaming through the glass, and when I sit at the fountain beside the Marchés, all of a sudden the ragged edges of stress and worry of the day are, if not completely eliminated, very much smoothed out. This feeling of peace and calm simply comes to me when I'm in that place.
For now, I don't think I could've gotten a better, or more needed blessing from God than my time in the BCE place.