Tuesday, June 08, 2004

 
Changes Galore!

Well, there've been tons of things happening since the last time I posted, but...Yeah, sorry, I just haven't been on the ball with this. Lack of time is not an excuse because I've been posting like made at RHF, and I even took the time to make a mini-blog for my HHOF Presents site.

Anyway, where to begin? I guess the biggest thing is that I'm now a WAY counselor. It's pretty exciting because these kids have got a lot of energy and I'm really looking forward to getting to know them, but at the same time, it's scary because I'm going to be in a mentorship/leadership position to them, and I don't know if I've really grown enough to be a good mentor/counselor.

But I really do think this is where I'm supposed to be right now. JOY has been fun, but I've never really committed to it, and I don't think it's really stretched me too much. Of course both of those things are tied together, and are also probably linked to the fact that for some reason, being at JOY often made me feel more distant, like an outsider.

I do feel bad that I never really talked over my decision to become a WAY counselor with anyone else, though. With the exception of Syv, and my small group, I basically only presented the information as a fait accompli. Even with Sylvia and my small group, I only told them about it after I had made the decision to ask about becoming a counselor, I didn't ask for their opinions on whether or not I should try to become a counselor, if you know what I mean. Guess it just goes to show that as far as I feel I've come since Grenada in terms of transparency &etc., I'm still very much an independent, rather closed person, and I still need to work on that.

Sure, at least I brought it up with Sylvia when we went to lunch and she asked me directly if I had anything to tell her (I did consider not saying anything about it at the time too), but I regret not making it a point to talk it over with her earlier. Even more I regret not saying anything to Jen and Alan before I sent out the mass email with the news. Again, I probably should've been talking to them about it when I was making the decision, and not after. *sigh*

So that's one thing. I'm actually pretty tired (which is something else I'd like to talk about here sometime soon) so I'm going to end here and hopefully sleep a bit earlier than usual. I will try to post more soon.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com