Sunday, April 04, 2004
Sports and Language
Sports really can bring out the worst in a person. I just edited a post on RHF because I realized that no matter how ticked off I was about the whole situation of the Oilers (being in the process of) losing against the Canucks, it was still wrong for me to use such harsh language. Okay, so maybe it wasn't harsh by a lot of people's standards, but all the "damn's" I had in the post didn't sit right with me once I stopped to think about it, even though it sure felt right when I was typing it.
So yeah, I guess this is where you really need to be careful about sports and competitiveness. I mean, what type of witness is it if I believe it's wrong to swear except when I'm really irritated by what's going on in a hockey game? And it's also about bringing God into every aspect of my life, including hockey.
Geh. I know I had a point when I started writing this, but I'm losing it. *sigh* Anyway, I should be sleeping since we're losing an hour. ^^;;
Sports really can bring out the worst in a person. I just edited a post on RHF because I realized that no matter how ticked off I was about the whole situation of the Oilers (being in the process of) losing against the Canucks, it was still wrong for me to use such harsh language. Okay, so maybe it wasn't harsh by a lot of people's standards, but all the "damn's" I had in the post didn't sit right with me once I stopped to think about it, even though it sure felt right when I was typing it.
So yeah, I guess this is where you really need to be careful about sports and competitiveness. I mean, what type of witness is it if I believe it's wrong to swear except when I'm really irritated by what's going on in a hockey game? And it's also about bringing God into every aspect of my life, including hockey.
Geh. I know I had a point when I started writing this, but I'm losing it. *sigh* Anyway, I should be sleeping since we're losing an hour. ^^;;