Wednesday, April 07, 2004
Debt
Small group this week was very significant for me. I don't know if it hit anyone else quite so hard because I sure felt like the only one with debt issues, but yeah, we had some good discussion, and Gilbert asked a lot of questions that I seriously need to think about. Like, do I really need a credit card? Am I addicted to anime?
There're really tough ones. I think what I realized from my initial reactions to them is that I don't really want to change my spending habits. Sure, I don't want to rack up crazy credit card bills like before, but I don't necessarily want to stop being such a spendthrift either. I like buying and collecting stuff, and that's really the root of the problem isn't it? As much as I try to get around it, I really am very materialistic, and until I deal with that fact fully and honestly, it's going to be a problem for me.
Small group this week was very significant for me. I don't know if it hit anyone else quite so hard because I sure felt like the only one with debt issues, but yeah, we had some good discussion, and Gilbert asked a lot of questions that I seriously need to think about. Like, do I really need a credit card? Am I addicted to anime?
There're really tough ones. I think what I realized from my initial reactions to them is that I don't really want to change my spending habits. Sure, I don't want to rack up crazy credit card bills like before, but I don't necessarily want to stop being such a spendthrift either. I like buying and collecting stuff, and that's really the root of the problem isn't it? As much as I try to get around it, I really am very materialistic, and until I deal with that fact fully and honestly, it's going to be a problem for me.