Monday, March 29, 2004

 
Some Revitalization

Things have been pretty "down" in my life in the past little while, and I've really been letting it all get to me. I've been feeling bogged down by my homework. I haven't been getting enough sleep or eating properly. And spiritually I've felt really disconnected.

BUT, recently I've had some really great serving experiences to kind of counteract all that, and to remind me about God's goodness in my life. My Sunday school class, for one, is a real joy for me. I really love my kids; they're great. Maybe I'm not doing the best job teaching (I always end WAY early when I teach on my own), but I find that I truly want to be able to share my experiences with them, and to help them to delve deeper into their relationships with God. It's nice that I also get the sense that they appreciate my efforts and actually like me too. ^_^ The way things are going right now, I feel like I could teach them all the way until they graduate without getting burnt out or feeling the need for a break, they're such a pleasure.

Then tonight we had an awesome small group meeting. We all did the questions ahead of time, and we only had half a session to do anyway, so we ended early. As part of our discussion, we thought up the idea of putting our study of money and giving into action by going to the grocery store to buy stuff to donate to the foodbank. Since we were done early, we decided to do it tonight! We went to Food Basic and got stuff like mac 'n cheese, cereal, luncheon meat, baby food, diapers, etc. It was really fun and satisfying. Gilbert brought his digicam, so we got the guy pushing the carts back in to take a picture of us outside with our cart full of food. ^_^ We dropped off the food in the fire station food bank bin, and even that was fun.

So yeah, these two things especially have just really revitalized me. I guess it was a good reminder for me that my relationship with God isn't all just about me and how I am or am not succeeding in my spiritual growth, it's also about my relationship with others and fulfiling their needs.

Geh, as usual, I'm making a muck of the explanation, but anyway, I hope I've at least managed to convey somewhat my feelings of joy and contentment.

Oh, and I figured something else out. See, after a period of stress (essay writing or exams) I usually get an urge to go shopping, to spend money. Well, our shopping trip for the food bank made me realize how satisfying it is to buy for others, so I think I'm going to try to do that from now on--buy gifts for others or things to donate whenever I feel the "need" to spend money. ^_^

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com