Wednesday, March 10, 2004

 
Practical Benefits

Well, our spiritual exercise for small group this week is to wait 24hrs before making an discretionary purchases (I think that's the right phrase?). If, after 24hrs, we still think it's worth it, then we should buy it, but if not, then we've saved ourselves money. So far I've already had one opportunity to test this out.

I kind of suceeded, and kind of failed. ^^;; See, I went to Untouchables today and I saw that they had the Shanahan vs Blake McFarlane figure set, and I had been thinking about ordering it from McFarlane.com, so when I saw it there at a reasonable price, I decided to buy it on the spot. So I guess it was kind of an impulse buy, but not completely since I had wanted it for awhile. Anyway, I was also considering buying a pack of Bee Hive and/or SP Authentics, but because of the exercise, I decided I'd think about it for 24hrs. Since I have night class tomorrow and therefore won't be able to go back to Untouchables tomorrow, I think I can say that I've saved myself $8-$16. ^_^ It's a good exercise for me, definitely.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com