Thursday, February 12, 2004

 
Still Sick

I knew I should have blogged yesterday morning. ^^;; What happened last night was I left class early because I was feeling pretty out of it and when I got back home I went straight to bed. I did read from Purpose Driven Life both yesterday and this morning, though. As Vivian mentioned in Grenada, it seems very simple and basic, but I think it's good for me. Today's was especially applicable, I think. The question to ponder was: "Knowing that God uniquely created me, what areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept."

This has been an issue for me especially since grade seven, and even though I've somewhat resolved things, I know there are still lots of things that I'm not accepting about myself. For example, I've always been bothered that Nathan seems to have gotten my mother's slender build, while I got my dad's stocky build. Considering his past attempts to bulk up a bit, I suspect he would have preferred it the other way too. I know my poor eating habits and lack of exercise contribute to my physique, but part of it is simply that I do have relatively big bones. So yes, my appearance has and continues to be an issue for me.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to write more tonight, I've got to go study for my Japanese quiz now! ^^;;

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com