Thursday, February 05, 2004
In Absentia
This is going to sound really dumb and obvious, but it's pretty hard to work on a relationship with God in absentia. I don't think I could even count the number of times I think about hockey in a day, but God? Well, I can't count the number of times for the opposite reason...
I guess this All-Star break is pretty well-timed, actually. There aren't going to be games for a while so I'd best make the most of this time to get my priorities straight.
*sigh* Why do I always seem to rely on circumstances and timing to try to get myself back on the right track? Whatever works, I suppose, but it's rather disheartening that I'm not taking the initiative myself, MAKING God the priority rather than waiting for a break in my schedule.
Okay. So I'm going to make time now. Rather than bemoaning the sad state of my spiritual affairs here, I'm going to pull out my Bible, and My Utmost for His Highest. And I'm going to talk to God for real, not just laundry listing.
This is going to sound really dumb and obvious, but it's pretty hard to work on a relationship with God in absentia. I don't think I could even count the number of times I think about hockey in a day, but God? Well, I can't count the number of times for the opposite reason...
I guess this All-Star break is pretty well-timed, actually. There aren't going to be games for a while so I'd best make the most of this time to get my priorities straight.
*sigh* Why do I always seem to rely on circumstances and timing to try to get myself back on the right track? Whatever works, I suppose, but it's rather disheartening that I'm not taking the initiative myself, MAKING God the priority rather than waiting for a break in my schedule.
Okay. So I'm going to make time now. Rather than bemoaning the sad state of my spiritual affairs here, I'm going to pull out my Bible, and My Utmost for His Highest. And I'm going to talk to God for real, not just laundry listing.