Sunday, February 01, 2004

 
A Dismal Start

Sorry, I'll try not to whine or make excuses. Well, hopefully the latter should be easy because I don't have any. I made bad choices last night, and the consequences I foresaw when I made those choices were pretty much on the mark.

Steph and I stayed up until the early AMs (around 3 or 4am, I think) sorting through our hockey cards, pulling out players we like from sets to make player pages. Oh, and not to mention I didn't really prepare for Sunday school because I wasn't in charge of teaching that class. So the natural result was that I woke up tired (and remained that way all throughout service) and got to church late. I didn't sleep through service, but I wasn't all that focused either.

Sunday school, well, at least I think I've finally got all the kids' names down. It helped that almost everyone was there, for sure. It's my third month with them, and I still feel like a stranger in a strange land. I'm really not living up to my commitment, apart from being there physically. Well, I've commited to another term with them, so at least whatever progess I start making now (in terms of my own attitude and preparation, as well as my relationship with the kids) will be able to continue past the end of this month. I'm teaching on the 22nd and 29th of February, and I'm NOT going to put that off for the last minute. I AM going to start preparing for it now, and that includes preparing for all the weeks leading up to my classes.

I also need to start sleeping earlier. Not just on Sundays, but everyday, because feeling exhausted just gives me another excuse to procrastinate, and goodness knows, I don't need anymore of those.

Anyway, I'm going to spend some time in prayer now. And then I'm going to sleep, since it's eleven something.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com