Thursday, July 24, 2003
Straight from the Journal
Hope everyone's okay with the fact that today's entry (well, technically yesterday's since it's past 12am) is going to be straight from the journal entry I wrote in Grenada. Yesterday's was a mix of the in-situ entry and my on the spot reflections and thoughts, but we had a debrief session with most of the team which ended around 11pm, plus I was updating the donor report for maybe 45min after I got home, so considering that I have to wake up early for work tomorrow, so I'm too tired tonight to do more than type up what I've already written (with minor clarifications, grammatical corrections, etc. in square brackets). Anyway, here goes!
DAY 2 - Sun. July 5th, 2003:
I don't think I've ever felt as useless or spiritually dry as when we went out to do "cold calling evangelism" [just knocking on people's doors and starting up random conversations with people] at La Mode. Sharon did all the talking. She brought André in at one point [we were a group, Sharon, André, and I], but I never got the chance [correction: MADE the chance]. Luckily Shamus told us before we left that even if we weren't talking, we could pray, so when I remembered that I was at least able to pray. I was really disappointed in myself because I [went there] to talk to people in spite of my discomfort. God [gave] me an opportunity to change, and I didn't take it.
Hope everyone's okay with the fact that today's entry (well, technically yesterday's since it's past 12am) is going to be straight from the journal entry I wrote in Grenada. Yesterday's was a mix of the in-situ entry and my on the spot reflections and thoughts, but we had a debrief session with most of the team which ended around 11pm, plus I was updating the donor report for maybe 45min after I got home, so considering that I have to wake up early for work tomorrow, so I'm too tired tonight to do more than type up what I've already written (with minor clarifications, grammatical corrections, etc. in square brackets). Anyway, here goes!
DAY 2 - Sun. July 5th, 2003:
I don't think I've ever felt as useless or spiritually dry as when we went out to do "cold calling evangelism" [just knocking on people's doors and starting up random conversations with people] at La Mode. Sharon did all the talking. She brought André in at one point [we were a group, Sharon, André, and I], but I never got the chance [correction: MADE the chance]. Luckily Shamus told us before we left that even if we weren't talking, we could pray, so when I remembered that I was at least able to pray. I was really disappointed in myself because I [went there] to talk to people in spite of my discomfort. God [gave] me an opportunity to change, and I didn't take it.