Friday, May 09, 2003

 
Whoops

Well, I've been updating my other two blogs, but this one has been left in the cold. Unfortunately that's also a reflection of what my life's been like since I last posted: hockey, exams/essays, anime, but no personal devos. ^^;;

So anyway, the short term mission trip to Grenada is a go!! ^_^ Not only that, but the church is going to be sponsoring all of us students the maximum allowed ($1000) which is pretty good. I think the total costs will be around $3000, so considering that I've already got almost $1000 saved up, that means I'm two thirds of the way done paying already! Yay! Also I booked the time off from work a while ago, so that's not a problem.

I'm pretty near logistically ready, but in terms of spiritual/emotional prep, I'm not ready at all. ^^;; Even though I've had exams and stuff, I still should've been preparing for the trip. I don't really know how I should've prepared, but the least I could've done was keep up with devos so I'd still be working on my personal spiritual development. Man, the older I get, the more I realize how immature I am. When I was younger I always thought I was at least a bit more mature than my years would suggest, but now I feel exactly the opposite. I live such a comfortable, carefree life, I haven't had to grow up at all.

Where exactly am I going with all this? I don't really know. I guess I'm just dissatisfied with the relatively smooth path my life's taken so far. It's good in the sense that I've been blessed to not have to deal with heavy hardships, but it's bad in the sense that I haven't done much to take the harder path. Since I read it in the Christy Miller series (by Robin Jones Gunn), I've always kept the phrase "harder but richer" in my heart. As you grow things don't necessarily get easier but harder, but because its harder, its also richer. So because I'm missing the harder, I'm also missing the richer (if this line of logic works).

The problem isn't that I don't know what to do (although I don't really), it's that I don't do, period. And that's something that has to change.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com