Monday, May 19, 2003
Still Trying... ^^;;
Well, I was quite thankful that Alan made it a point to ask me on Sunday about how things have been going with me and God lately, considering the lack of updates here recently. ^^;; It was actually something that I had been thinking about rather guiltily as well. Just like when I first started this blog, I realized not too long ago that it wasn't a good thing that even though I was supposedly busy I was still managing to update LS and RHF pretty regularly while I neglected my devos and this time, this blog. Talk about reversed priorities.
So yeah, here I am. I gotta admit, I didn't do devos today, even though when I woke up I planned to do them before I started cleaning. ^^;; I've been noticing of late how many distractions come up when I'm planning on doing devos. Yesterday after I came home from church, I wanted to do devos right after lunch, but when the time came, my mind kept wandering to the messiness of my room, my desire to check email, etc. I actually did manage to buckle down and avoid the temptation to put off devos, but I also ended up cutting them short because I got really sleepy and felt like I should take a nap. ^^;; Not exactly a promising start, but I guess it's a start nonetheless.
I don't want to sound like I'm defending myself or anything, but my life hasn't been totally devoid of quite time/devos even though I haven't been blogging. On Monday I knew that I would be waiting an hour, hour and a half after work before meeting Jen and Syv for dinner, so I actually planned ahead and brought my Bible with me to work. I sat by a fountain and read James 1 again. It's kind of sad, but I basically forgot the eight to ten verses that I last learned! I can still remember the first eight or so verses, but after that it's pretty sketchy.
And even though I'm not consistent about it, I've been praying for softball too. So yeah, it's not like I've been totally ignoring God recently, but he definitely hasn't been my top priority, and that's gotta change. *sigh* Anyway, time to sleep since I've got work tomorrow! I wish this had been a four-day weekend instead of three! But then again, I probably would've just used both days to clean and ended up just as tired.
Well, I was quite thankful that Alan made it a point to ask me on Sunday about how things have been going with me and God lately, considering the lack of updates here recently. ^^;; It was actually something that I had been thinking about rather guiltily as well. Just like when I first started this blog, I realized not too long ago that it wasn't a good thing that even though I was supposedly busy I was still managing to update LS and RHF pretty regularly while I neglected my devos and this time, this blog. Talk about reversed priorities.
So yeah, here I am. I gotta admit, I didn't do devos today, even though when I woke up I planned to do them before I started cleaning. ^^;; I've been noticing of late how many distractions come up when I'm planning on doing devos. Yesterday after I came home from church, I wanted to do devos right after lunch, but when the time came, my mind kept wandering to the messiness of my room, my desire to check email, etc. I actually did manage to buckle down and avoid the temptation to put off devos, but I also ended up cutting them short because I got really sleepy and felt like I should take a nap. ^^;; Not exactly a promising start, but I guess it's a start nonetheless.
I don't want to sound like I'm defending myself or anything, but my life hasn't been totally devoid of quite time/devos even though I haven't been blogging. On Monday I knew that I would be waiting an hour, hour and a half after work before meeting Jen and Syv for dinner, so I actually planned ahead and brought my Bible with me to work. I sat by a fountain and read James 1 again. It's kind of sad, but I basically forgot the eight to ten verses that I last learned! I can still remember the first eight or so verses, but after that it's pretty sketchy.
And even though I'm not consistent about it, I've been praying for softball too. So yeah, it's not like I've been totally ignoring God recently, but he definitely hasn't been my top priority, and that's gotta change. *sigh* Anyway, time to sleep since I've got work tomorrow! I wish this had been a four-day weekend instead of three! But then again, I probably would've just used both days to clean and ended up just as tired.