Saturday, May 10, 2003

 
God is AWESOME!!!

God is constantly reminding me how awesome he is! I was worried that there wouldn't be enough people registering for softball to make eight teams, since so many people are in Waterloo this summer, and a bunch of older players decided not to play, but today was registration day, and I was totally blown away. With eight teams of sixteen players per team we were looking for 128 people, instead we got 149, and that's not even counting the captains who, for some reason or another, didn't come to register today!! In total we've got almost 160!!

We were also worried about what would happen if all 18 potential captains confirmed their desire to captain, because then we'd have to "cut" people, but now we're praying that all 18 WILL confirm, so we can have 9 teams. If we expand team sizes to 17 or 18, then we'll be able to accomodate everyone!! ^_________^

God is SO amazing! I hope that I'll always remember this experience, because it's really shown me that I need to have more faith in God and not worry so much! It seems silly to think that we were contemplating doing promotions in other churches to get more interest. Who knows, maybe next year we'll have TEN teams!!

I'm just so thankful right now. I mean, around October when last year's committee met to do a post-mortem on the season, I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to find people interested in running the league and that we'd have to cancel softball this year! But I prayed about it and God called four other awesome people to share in the work, and I've gotta say, we've been working really well this year! The start of the season is still a month away and we've got all the event venues booked, and some decent program ideas.

Since I've been in exam mode for the past while, I've been pretty stressed and occupied with school work, but now I'm feeling totally excited about softball! This is going to be an awesome summer, and I can't wait to see what God's going to do in and through the league this summer!!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com