Monday, April 14, 2003

 
Morning Devo at 1pm

Heh, well, I didn't exactly wake up early to do my devo, but I did make sure it was the first thing I did today, after daily hygene things. I felt pretty bad about not waking up in time on Sunday morning (I stayed up too late watching hockey ^^;) so I wanted to make sure that I did devos today.

Even though I didn't have to struggle to wake up, it was something of a trial for me to make sure that I did my devos as the very first thing after my shower, etc. See, I woke up to the airphone (the phone that the front desk calls up from) and the news that I had a package downstairs--my Nordiques jersey!! While I was in the shower I had to keep telling myself that I wouldn't rush down right away to pick it up, but that I'd do devos first. When I got out of the shower, one of my suitemates had come back from class, and had picked up the package for me. Then I had to tell myself that I would do devos first, and open the package later! It might sound sillly if you've never seen me anticipating my jerseys, but for me, not looking at my jersey right away was a fairly difficult thing to do.

So anyway, I did do my devos first, and surprisingly, I was able to focus on my devos. I don't think I even had to marshall my mind away from the jersey and onto my Bible, so I guess it must've been my starting prayer for focus that did the trick. Despite my focus though, I'm afraid I didn't really go that deep. I read all of Hebrews, as I've been meaning to do, but I didn't really pick up any new insights. Wonder if that's because it was basically my third time reading it (although it was my first time going through it all at once) in the past couple of months, so my mind automatically changed to skim mode? ^^;; Anyway, I'm definitely starting a different book tomorrow!

Heh, oh, and I actually ended up opening my jersey right after I finished praying, so before I started blogging. ^_~ I have some willpower, but not enough to me through devos AND devo blogging while my Nordiques jersey is sitting, waiting to be opened!

Last thing:

For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' " Acts 13:47

How did I do?! I think that's it!!! YAY!!! Now let's see if I can keep this up for more than a day! =Þ

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com