Tuesday, April 01, 2003

 
Memory Verses

Man, memory verses are really hard to keep memorized! At the short term mission meeting/training/bonding thing we agreed to all try to memorize Acts 13:47 for the next meeting. It's not a very long verse, and if I read it once or twice I can recite it no problem, but I can't seem to keep the thing in my head for more than a day! Actually, I don't even know if I can keep it for more than an hour after "memorizing" it since I've never tested myself. It's quite ridiculous.

Like a lot of things, I guess it's just a matter of discipline and priorities. If I really cared about remembering it, I would make it a point to test myself on it each day. The fact that I only occasionally remember that I'm supposed to be memorizing it then shows that it's not that important to me, and also that I'm not disciplined enough to keep working at it everyday. (^^;)

Since I'm supposed to be blogging daily, I guess I can test myself each day by typing it out here. So here goes:

For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " ' I have made you a light for the Gentiles that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' " Acts 13:47

Hmm...Not bad, except that I forgot the comma between "Gentiles" and "that". Let's see if I can type this out again tomorrow without first reading the verse! =Þ

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com