Tuesday, April 15, 2003
1 1/2 Hr Improvement
Well, I still haven't gained the discipline to wake up early specifically to do my devos, but nonetheless there was a bit of improvement today, since I did my devos around 11:30am, 1 1/2 hr earlier! Again, it was really tempting for me to do other stuff first. I was thinking of logging on and checking my email, etc. before even taking a shower and stuff, but then I remembered that I was supposed to do devos first and held myself back.
So anyway, I started on James today. Not only am I going to be reading James, but since it's a short book, I'm also going to try to memorize it! So far I've memorized the first chunk, from chapter 1, verse 1 to 8. It was pretty difficult. I probably read those verses over about a dozen times before I started to get it. Hopefully I'll be able to remember that chunk until tomorrow, otherwise I'm going to have to start all over again!
Speaking of memory verses, here it is again today:
For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' " Acts 13:47
Woohoo! That's twice in row!
Well, I still haven't gained the discipline to wake up early specifically to do my devos, but nonetheless there was a bit of improvement today, since I did my devos around 11:30am, 1 1/2 hr earlier! Again, it was really tempting for me to do other stuff first. I was thinking of logging on and checking my email, etc. before even taking a shower and stuff, but then I remembered that I was supposed to do devos first and held myself back.
So anyway, I started on James today. Not only am I going to be reading James, but since it's a short book, I'm also going to try to memorize it! So far I've memorized the first chunk, from chapter 1, verse 1 to 8. It was pretty difficult. I probably read those verses over about a dozen times before I started to get it. Hopefully I'll be able to remember that chunk until tomorrow, otherwise I'm going to have to start all over again!
Speaking of memory verses, here it is again today:
For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' " Acts 13:47
Woohoo! That's twice in row!