Monday, March 03, 2003

 
Hebrews Is...

...a very confusing book so far. I'd say it's even more confusing than Ecclesiastes. At least with Ecclesiastes I understood the content, if not the complete significance of the book, but with Hebrews, I'm even having troubles with the content!

Chapter seven explains the history of Melchizedek the priest, whom Jesus is compared to in the earlier chapters. That's fairly straightforward, but it's the explanation of the Melchizedek-Jesus simile that I don't fully understand. I get that they're alike in that they were ordained priests even without coming from the bloodline of priests (Levites), but apart from that, I have no clue.

(-_-;) If the rest of Hebrews is as incomprehensible to me as these first few chapters, I suspect that I'm not going to enter the Hebrews class any more prepared than I would have been without reading it. Ah well. Guess this just means I need to slow down a bit and spend more time trying to understand each chapter. Maybe I should spend two days, instead of one, on each chapter?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com