Saturday, March 01, 2003

 
Down the Wrong Path

I don't know what's been going on in my life lately, but I do know that, contrary to the goals I laid out for this blog, I haven't been looking very hard for God in my life. This is probably one of those times that Screwtape would describe as a trough in my life.

Even though I made the decision to go on the short term mission (with the full support of my family) and planning for softball this summer has been going well, I feel very disconnected from God. I guess that my recent neglect of devos has been both a cause and a symptom of my detachment. My prayer life has always been rather spotty, so that hasn't really worsened or improved.

At this time I suppose it's helpful for me to recall that extended race metaphor which I outlined at one point. Surely I'm going in the wrong direction right now, but I have to force myself to keep moving, because otherwise there's no way that God will be able to lead me back onto the right path. It's not much, but I did read Hebrews five today.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com