Monday, February 10, 2003
Misconception
You know, I always thought Hebrews to be a very straightforward, easy to understand book. Certainly the handful of verses which I highlighted were easily comprehensible, but after reading chapter one yesterday, and chapter two today, I find myself rather lost.
^^;; It feels kind of like Ecclesiastes all over again. I don't know.
An interesting thing was that one of my highlighted verses came right at the end of chapter two: "Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted" ~ Hebrews 2: 18. I say it's interesting because I can't totally figure out how this verse works in the context of the chapter, how it follows naturally from the preceding verses.
::sigh:: Maybe I'm just tired. I was falling asleep while doing my Japanese homework not to long ago, so perhaps I should be sleeping soon.
You know, I always thought Hebrews to be a very straightforward, easy to understand book. Certainly the handful of verses which I highlighted were easily comprehensible, but after reading chapter one yesterday, and chapter two today, I find myself rather lost.
^^;; It feels kind of like Ecclesiastes all over again. I don't know.
An interesting thing was that one of my highlighted verses came right at the end of chapter two: "Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted" ~ Hebrews 2: 18. I say it's interesting because I can't totally figure out how this verse works in the context of the chapter, how it follows naturally from the preceding verses.
::sigh:: Maybe I'm just tired. I was falling asleep while doing my Japanese homework not to long ago, so perhaps I should be sleeping soon.