Saturday, December 28, 2002

 
Reading Without Understanding

Well, today is another one of those days when I didn't really get anything out of what I read in my devotionals. After starting "Boy Meets Girl" I decided to read Song of Songs, so that I could get a more direct Biblical perspective on the relationship thing. I'm doing something a bit different this time in that I'm taking two days for a chapter, rather than a chapter per day. I hope it will help me to reflect more on each chapter. Unfortunately two days' of thinking on the first chapter haven't brought up anything illuminating. I'm sure I'll have better luck with some of the other chapters, though.

I also read chapters nine and ten of the Screwtape Letters, and I didn't find them particularly relevant. Well, maybe the point about how flippancy deadens joy and inspires no affection, but I don't think I'm really flippant (more towards the sarcastic and cynical side), so...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com