Saturday, December 21, 2002
Missing the Point
During the cantata today I realized that I haven't been able to focus on the true meaning of Christmas so far this break. I've been so busy running around doing stuff that I haven't taken the time to reflect on the birth of Christ.
Having just spent two hours baking and another three hours wrapping Christmas presents (it's currently around 4am), I am fully aware that all the trappings of Christmas have replaced the spiritual side of Christmas.
I don't know what I'm going to do right now, but I know that I'm going to need to take some serious quiet time before Wednesday (Christmas day). Anyway, I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I really need to sleep now. More later.
During the cantata today I realized that I haven't been able to focus on the true meaning of Christmas so far this break. I've been so busy running around doing stuff that I haven't taken the time to reflect on the birth of Christ.
Having just spent two hours baking and another three hours wrapping Christmas presents (it's currently around 4am), I am fully aware that all the trappings of Christmas have replaced the spiritual side of Christmas.
I don't know what I'm going to do right now, but I know that I'm going to need to take some serious quiet time before Wednesday (Christmas day). Anyway, I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I really need to sleep now. More later.