Wednesday, December 11, 2002

 
Meaningless?

I'm two thirds of the way through Ecclesiastes, and yet I still haven't a clue as to what God could be trying to tell me through this book! ::frowns:: It's quite frustrating. I'm only doing one chapter a day, so I usually read the chapter over a few times, but I can't seem to find any insight into the passage.

If anything I've merely developed a strong sense of how depressing the book is, which isn't how I felt before I actually starting going through the entire book. Even when it says that we should enjoy life, the rationale behind that is that it's better to be alive than dead. That's not exactly an uplifting thought. It's like the main thing that drives us is knowing that death will eventually come to us--basically fear of death is the motivation.

Geh. This is when I need a commentary or some sort of resource to help me. I don't think I'm going to gain any sort of understanding of Ecclesiastes if I try to leave it up to myself and God. ^^;;

It also doesn't help that I'm still a bit distracted because of Sakic's career 500th goal. Feh. I think I'm just going to stop thinking about Ecclesiastes right now and pray instead. There's quite a lot weighing on my mind/heart tonight, so I hope I won't get distracted by my legs falling asleep again!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com