Friday, December 20, 2002

 
Coming Back

After not writing anything significant on Wed. and missing Thurs. entirely, it was a bit of an effort on my part to get myself to post today. And even though I am writing right now, I feel kind of guilty because I don't actually have anything to say. Since I finished Ecclesiastes I've been reading Proverbs, but I haven't been getting much out of it so far.

The only thing I find interesting is that there are a lot of realistic statements of fact mixed in with all the advice on how a man should live. For example, Proverbs 19:4 says: "Wealth brings many friends, but a poor man's friend deserts him." That's not exactly a piece of advice that can be followed, but it is an accurate assessment of the way things work in the world. I guess it shows that wisdom isn't just about the ideal way of doing things, it's also about understanding the harsh realities of the world. Or something like that.

Sorry, I'm not being very clear. ::sigh:: I think that I should pick a different book to read now. Proverbs has always knd of been my stop gap measure; I read Proverbs when I know I should be reading the Bible but I don't really want to think about what I'm reading. ^^;; I don't know what I should read though...Maybe I'll try one of the books of the minor prophets since I don't think I've ever really studied any of them.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com